Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm in a Good Mood...

...and gosh darn it, no one's going to knock me out of it. I've had a hugely productive week and an even more productive weekend. Not that it looks like much is going on, because most of it was paperwork, but as you know, THAT is a huge thing. I challenge anyone to ask me for one single scrap of paper that I can't put my hands on, and quick. Plus I threw a lot of stuff away too, which is always therapeutic for me. Friday I spent most of the day cleaning the girl quarters...even crawling under beds and hauling furniture away from baseboards. On Saturday I ventured into the black hole that is boy territory, and after about eight hours, felt as though I could breathe in there. Lest I mislead...neither set of rooms was a terrible mess, only disorganized, with too much stuff. My children cannot part with anything, and they must have it all close at hand. I am a minimalist, and would cheerfully strip down to a mattress on the floor. My family keeps me in check, and so we have furniture. This week brings more jobs to tick off the list, more papers to file, more rooms to shake out and reorganize. It's really cold here, and my little goats don't like it. I don't like it. Maybe I am trying to hasten the coming of Spring with all my cleaning.

1 comment:

Mongoose said...

Nice to see you in a good mood!