Monday, July 23, 2007

The Social Event of the Season


What do you get when you mix picnic food, relay races, music and dancing, water balloons, a big bonfire, s'mores, fireworks, friends, and family? You get a jamming wedding party. Our eldest and her hubby were married about eight months ago, but their celebration party was yesterday. The weather was perfect. The food was yummy. We all had fun, and best of all we saw so many dear ones.

It's funny to see so many folk who are an important part of your life, all gathered together in one place. Some drive you crazy, some calm you down. Some need time to catch up, catch your breath, come up to speed...others don't need to say a word. Some make you want laugh and dance...others make your heart clench with the joy and the pain of seeing those old familiar faces.

Boo said she will always remember the day her big sister had her wedding party as one of the best days with her "new adopted family". Then she amended herself to say, "No, with my family." I think she got it right. It was one of the best days ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like a great party. Next time we go camping I want to make s'mores. What do I need? Off topic, yeah no camp in Australia during the holidays but the kids do go to camp with school. In fact our eldest is off to his first school camp this year. I want to be a fly on the wall so badly.

Mammy said...

That is a brilliant way to celebrate a wedding. Sounds like everyone had a great time. And what a wonderful milestone, her knowing that it is "my family" - I bet you grinned in your heart from ear to ear, Momma:)

Anonymous said...

Your sure know haw to throw a slammin, jammin, party. Now I've got another to add to my treasury of memories. Question, Which of the array of responses did the sight of my face conjur up????
I just wanted a bottomless cup of your coffee and a seat next to you..I love you so much SISTA!! Seeing you just reminded me again how much. ALL of your babies are amazing...And the one with the bald head can make a mean piece of chicken!

Nobody said...

Annie, I sent you an email to answer your question. Don't know how often you check there.